Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 reflections, laughs and pictures

Since its a new year, a new decade, and technically Sunday  , I am going to reflect on 2009.  Kind of cheesy, kind of cookie cutter. Everyone does it to some extent I guess. The highlights, the lowlights, the resolutions.  I don't make resolutions. I won't keep them, so what's the point. The greatest part of not making a resolution is that I won't be disappointed in myself when I don't achieve my goal.

2009 was an interesting year.  It seems that  a lot of it was very disappointing, but looking back throughout the entire year, it wasn't so bad. 

I moved back to Louisville from this redneck town.  There was literally a store and a small diner.  The store never had anything I wanted and the food sucked at the diner.  Atleast we were close to the river front and could walk to the park there most days.  Also the cop that pulled me over let me slide with a warning since he wanted to get home. Won't find that in Louisville!  I do have to admit, the river days festival was super fun and I hate that we missed it this summer.



Both of my girls turned a year older ....and so did I. Last year in my twenties. I call foul.  Terrible two's hit with a vengence and so did a little 8 year old who knows everything. They make me laugh everyday and only make me want to pull my hair out a few times a week. Those are good betting odds!





I discovered some truths about people. Who was real and who claimed to be "da realist".  Ok, stop living your thug story.... silly white people.  I found out who my friends were , and who I didn't want to be friends with. If you get  texts from me, youre still on the good list . LOL

I caught a couple of great drag shows. I love my gay boys. Good times. We survived the H1N1 virus , even though my cousin Korey was oinking with it in the same household!






I discovered that although I am a 10 year old softball junkie at heart, I really love watching my daughter play basketball.  I discovered that when a two year old says " you're ugly, Im beautiful" she must be really mad LMAO.  My kids are amazing. They warm my heart everyday and make me second guess my judgement all at the same time.  I can say no a million times but cave 999,999 thousand times.







I discovered that some judges can be entertaining.  That would be Judge Delehanty , incase you care. That man is like a male Judge Judy mixed with a little Joe Brown.  I have never laughed so much in a court room in all my life.

I discovered that being on a boat in November is not a good idea. It's cold . It's windy, and the drinks are too overpriced.







I also discovered that you can really like the people your friends are dating.  My bff's boyfriend is awesome and I am so glad that she has him. ( and that I have a bff in-law)




(bff and the bff in-law)

I have reconnected with old friends.  Thanks facebook! I have let go of a few people who were like a disease in my life .





I have embraced my big ass and my wide hips. I have developed a love for trashy reality tv. I have decided that Kate Gosselin is not the enemy and that my favorite word is "douchebag" followed by "lame" for a close second!

I have also discovered that no matter what happens tomorrow is a new day and sometimes you just need to get the hell over it.  Life is too short to constantly hate and I am too short to reach ....well I am not that short after all.




This is what really matters. Without them I would be nothing, with them I am everything. Here's to 2010 . May it rock!








2 comments:

  1. I have decided that Kate Gosselin is not the enemy and that my favorite word is "douchebag" followed by "lame" for a close second!

    I Heart this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete