Saturday, January 2, 2010

3rd/4th grade basketball....why so serious?

My 8 year old had a basketball game today.  Kind of humerous to see the catholics get rowdy over tiny girl basketball. Especially tiny girl basketball without beverage.  Alcohol free zone. Can you imagine?  Catholic anything without beer?

The girls are more aggressive now which is awesome. The first two games they were so passive. As if they were handing them the ball. " Here you go. Please take it. Make that basket. Yay! You stomped our butts! Good job girls!"  

We won today....not without the crowd yelling ....at the ref's. 
"Foul ref!  Double dribble! That girl was walking! Call it ref!"   Ummmmmm, they are 8 and 9 years old people. In the words of our dear friend the joker (RIP Heath Ledger) "Why so serious?"

Now , let's keep it real.... You could hear my mouth over everyones. I like to be heard. I like my daughter to know I am rooting her on....yes, I am the obnoxious parent at the sporting events. I wear that crown proudly. Now, bow to the queen. LOL



1 comment: